Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 13 Flight delays, home at last, snow

The flight out from Mumbai was delayed by an hour and we didn’t take off until about 0415 in the morning. Because of the delay, when we arrived at London after a 10-hour flight, we ran across the airport and missed our flight by three minutes. Three and a half hours later, we were able to get on a different plane to New York. I had someone’s knee in my back for half of the flight and couldn’t sleep. We landed at JFK after an 8-hour flight and tried to get our baggage. I got all of mine but one each of Jen’s and Elizabeth’s luggage got put on a later flight. Elizabeth’s husband, Adam, picked us up and took us and our luggage to their house where we were picked up by our rides. Thank you Scott and Debbie for coming to get me in the snow! It feels weird to be home. First of all, everyone drives on the wrong side of the road, and they follow the rules, and they don’t honk their horns. I unpacked some of my clothes for the laundry and talked with Wick for a bit then went to bed for 17 hours. It was snowing when we landed and Wick said it was ice and rain all day today but I slept so I don’t know.

No comments: