Thursday, February 21, 2008

February 21 Back to being an American

Well, I'm over the jet lag, sleeping in until 0900, going on squad calls, teaching EMT, eating cheese fries (only once though!), and generally falling back into my old ways. Not sure if this is good or not. Feels comfortable but I am really missing India a lot! I have changed a few things though. I now have an auspicious symbol on my car. Those of you in Blairstown have probably seen it by now. It is a dried orange with cayenne peppers hanging on the front bumper to protect my car from harm when it goes outside of its normal area. Dunno if it works but hey, it's worth a try, right? Who cares what it looks like! I also have begun to incorporate more healthy foods into my diet. Every day I go to Walter's Produce and buy different fresh vegetables. I have been making tomato soup, vegetable-rice soup, and all kinds of stuff that is also better on my wallet than eating out. I have been doing a lot of walking with Shadow, which has him delighted, of course, and is helping keep of the weight I lost in India.
So I guess that although I'm back, I have been able to make a few changes in my life for the better. I just hope I can keep it up!

No comments: