Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 5 Mapusa, admitted to hospital

Had some intestinal trouble last night and a fever and was miserable when my host’s wife woke me up this morning. She took me to a hospital right down the road that is owned by a Rotarian and they did a chest x-ray, blood work, stool and urine samples and diagnosed me with an intestinal bacterial infection and severe dehydration. I got admitted for the first time in my life. Ugh! Elizabeth brought my computer so I have some thing to do and so I can look up my travel insurance. I have spent half the time in the bathroom and the other half sleeping with Ringer’s lactate running in through an IV. I am miserable. I felt like a pin cushion. Usually my veins are pretty good but it took 4 tries to get the IV because my veins had collapsed.

No comments: